StarChart 2.1 for Newton
StarChart for Newton 130
StarChart for Newton 2x00 Portrait
StarChart for Newton 2x00 Landscape
StarChart 2.1 for Newton is an astronomic star chart, which displays stars, constellations and the planets for any time and place. It is based in main parts on StarChart 1.0 by Shigekazu Kase.
There are three versions of StarChart available:
StarChart for Newton 130 is intended for a Newton 130.
StarChart for Newton 2x00 Portrait is intended for a Newton 2000 and a Newton 2100 in portait modus.
StarChart for Newton 2x00 Landscape is intended for a Newton 2000 and a Newton 2100 in landscape modus.
Please note that after switching the version, it is necessary to redraw safed graphics.
You can not install more than one version at the same time.
All versions might work on an eMate, if you have any experience with it, please email me.
The algorithms for calculation the planetary positions are accurat with an error of no more then 1-2 arcminutes for the 20th and 21st century. But in this release not all the nesserary algorithms are implemented, so at present a much bigger error might result.
The error of the sun is less than 2" between 1750 and 2250.
- The DST-button always assumes an offset of one hour. To enter a different offset, enter the correct time without DST and uncheck the "DST"-button.
- The "New"-Button does not set the "DST"-button. Although the correct time is set, you will have to check the "DST"-button manually.
- After switching the version (e.g. from Portrait to Landscape version) it is necessary to redraw safed graphics. This is because of the different size of the chart in the different versions.
- You can not install more than one version at the same time.
- The positions of the planets are not very accurat. That's because not all algorithms for computing the positions are implemented. Will be fixed in one of the next releases.
- more accurat positions of the planets
- more infos for the planets
Download StarChart 2.1 for Newton (.sit for Mac, you'll need Stuffit Expander to expand the .sit-file)
Download StarChart 2.1 for Newton (.zip for Win)
- More display options (including ability to display abbreviations instead of full names)
- more accurate position of the sun
- option for daylight saving time added
- landscape version for MP 2x00
- version for 130 and 2x00 available
- planets added
- updated user interface (e.g. biggest possible chart)
- removed Japanese language (about 70 KB smaller). If you need it, please let me know.
- initial release by Shigekazu Kase. Many thanks to him.
- StarChart 1.0 originally programmed by Shigekazu Kase
- Main beta-testing done by Andree Dettmer
Auf dem Kamp 10a